SriSays

Thought provoking contratrian ideas for the modern world using lessons learnt from eastern philosophy, old schools of thought and modern leaders.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chennai Positioning System (CPS~GPS)

When I was packing by bags to leave for India, I got a mail from Honda Factory asking whether I will be interested to update the maps in my Honda Odyssey GPS for a low fee of $150.00. I thought of looking into this when I return from India and kept the letter aside. While I was in the plane, I was thinking how GPS will work in India with new flyovers popping up everyday and one way system changing almost on a daily basis. Yesterday when I was stepping out of our apartment in chennai, I saw two high end cars parked at our apartment parking. BMW and Benz are seen now much more than before. They have good GPS in dashboard which can help long distance travelers.

However can they keep up with the drastic changes happening in Chennai City?. Not at all. That is why we have Chennai Positioning System (CPS). You can get uptodate information in this. You can get daily updates on new flyovers, new oneways, construction, strike and bandh information, which political party is closing which street, which minister will cross which road at what time that will delay your trip etc. CPS can also inform you to an extent the cardinal number of house if you describe approximate age or profession of a person whom you are trying to meet. CPS - Our Auto drivers.  They know every corner of chennai. You go to a place and enquire the local auto driver about a specific house you are trying to reach. You will get shortest and clear direction with some tips as well. If the driver is there long enough, they will even tell you whether the person is in town or not. No map updates needed, no need to worry. What a fool proof system. THE C(G)PS. . !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home