SriSays

Thought provoking contratrian ideas for the modern world using lessons learnt from eastern philosophy, old schools of thought and modern leaders.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Children are our teachers

Morning walk in Chennai Park is a pleasure of its own kind. In the recent years, everyone is very health conscious. At 5:45 or 6 AM, the park is full of people walking or jogging in the trail. On one side, you see quite a few people doing yoga everyday. On the other side kids will be doing parallel bars and slides etc. My dad, I, Kishan and Sriram go for a walk most mornings. Today, Sriram and I were walking together in the circular trail and Kishan and my Dad were walking on the other side of the circle. To motivate Sriram, I told him to look back and feel good that we are walking ahead of them. He did and felt good, but temporarily! He then told, if Kishan or Thatha look back, we will be behind them!! What a profound thought. Just last week, I was wondering about Infrastructure issues, population growth, weather etc and how India can be made as a great place. Being away from India for 20+ years, my mind was comparing India to US on every aspect. Just yesterday India surprised everyone with its $10 Billion relief to European crisis. My mind was confused.

This comment by Sriram gave me an insight - it depends on where we see from. From one aspect, it may look like India is behind. On other aspects India is ahead. So, every country has its charm and glory. Enjoy wherever you are and CELEBRATE LIFE. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home