SriSays

Thought provoking contratrian ideas for the modern world using lessons learnt from eastern philosophy, old schools of thought and modern leaders.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Professional Ethics In India

Three positive experiences and observations this time in India:

1. Booked few rooms at a Lodge in Srirangam for guests to stay over night. Paid some advance as well. I gave my mobile number and name for reservation. I do not have any residential address in Srirangam. On the day of check-in, one of the guests could not come and hence I called in to cancel the room. The Lodge manager had mentioned that it is not going to be possible to cancel as he may not be in a position to sell the room at the last minute. Fair enough I said and mentioned to him that I would pay for all rooms and not to ask guests at the time of check-out. He agreed. Guests came and left and two days later I went to the lodge to settle the bill. He charged full fee for the rooms occupied and charged non-ac charge for the room that we did not use. I paid the fees and thanked him for trusting me in collecting the balance of payment with no credit check, no background check etc. Just the face value..... Made me feel good that, still trust factor works in the world.

2. Same thing was applicable for taxi service as well. We used two cars from Srirangam for guests for the day and the bill was for more than Rs 4000. Drivers dropped the guests at respective stations, bus stops and closed the route. I travelled from Kulithalai to Srirangam and met the manager of the taxi service and settled the bill. He does not know me. All he had was my mobile number and name.

3. Went to Samayapuram and puchased some "Kan Malar" and "Velli Kaal" to deposit in the Hundi. One middle aged lady came running to me with her basket full of items and begged me to purchase from her mentioning that she needs to feed her children from the sale. At the same time, another boy came running to me with his basket and asked me to buy from him. To my pleasant surprise, the middle aged lady told me to buy from the boy as he is little and no one bought from him that day. What a compassion!!!!  I bought from both and deposited in the Hundi and thanked Samayapuram Mariyamman for such simple and compassionate people. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home